Terms of Reference
Title: Provision of Consultancy Services for Conducting Baseline Survey
in Mbugani, Kiegea, Kazania and Nghambi villages in Mpwapwa District-Dodoma
- Introduction of United Nations Association of Tanzania (UNA Tanzania)
The United Nations Association of Tanzania is one of the oldest Civil Society Organizations in the country registered in 1964. It is located at Mikocheni B, Dar es salaam working to promote the principles and values of the United Nations (UN) in Tanzania.
UNAT works with the URT and other partners to advocate on the Sustainable Development Goals to be achieved by 2030, African Union (AU) agenda 2063 in order to make better lives of people in Tanzania without leaving no one behind. The organization is devoted to creating awareness and promoting advocacy in areas like climate change, youth, human rights, democracy, peace and security and governance.
UNA Tanzania is one of the implementers of Piloting of IAS K Regional Resilience Model in Tanzania with the main goal of enhancing the resilience capacity of Mbugani, Kiegea, Kazania and Nghambi communities through promoting sustainable management of natural resources and improved livelihoods.
The main objectives are;
- To pilot a methodology for climate resilience in Tanzania, based on the IAS Kenya Model
- To create an enabling environment and favorable conditions for communities to adopt and scale-up resilience practices
2. The assignment and timeline
To conduct a Baseline Survey in Mbugani, Kiegea, Kazania and Nghambi villages in Mpwapwa District for 10 days in February 2023 (3 days pre-field work, 4 days of field work and 3 days of report writing and documentation). The survey should provide preliminary information on climate change impacts in the designated communities based on the natural resources management and community livelihood which will help in the implementation of the project.
The amount of Provision of Consultancy Services for Conducting Climate Resilience Research in Mpwapwa District in Dodoma Region. The Amount will be subject to 5% of withholding tax if the consultant has EFD receipt and 30% is deduction for the consultant with no EFD receipt.
4. Consultant Qualifications
The Consultant is to meet the following expectations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable and relevant consultant experience
- Knowledgeable on the National Climate Change framework and conducts the baseline survey in line with them.
- Ability to drive critical analysis about policy, plans and legislations.
- Good knowledge of the climate issues in Tanzania and within Mpwapwa.
- Able to complete task within specified budget and timeline
The following will be the expected deliverables of the baseline survey report;
- Provide situational analysis on climate change impacts in Mpwapwa; data for restored biodiversity, land and ecosystems.
- Investigate Nature-Based Solutions to Reduce Climate Change Impacts: number of farming methods in place.
- Inform on Community Engagement Strategies to Address climate resilience and Communicate Risks: number of community sensitisation meetings and policies in place implemented due to community engagement.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessment; number of people with greater water security and food security.
- Conduct Analysis of Natural resources management; number of initiatives for better natural resource management.
- Conduct social analysis on livelihood for More Equitable Decisions and Outcomes: number of people with sustainable & alternative livelihoods established.
- Advance alternative Approaches and Tools for enhancing climate resilience in Mpwapwa
6. UNA Tanzania’s contact person
Haika Simon, A Climate Change focal person at UNA Tanzania will be the main contact person.
Kindly send your cv and proposed budget to email@example.com before 17th February 2023.