JOB TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
REPORTING TO: Head of Programs
DURATION: 6 Months (paid)
JOB STATION: UNA Tanzania Offices; 27 Mikocheni street, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The United Nations Association of Tanzania (UNA Tanzania) is a non- governmental organization established in 1964, working to promote the principles and values of the United Nations (UN) in Tanzania. UNA Tanzania focuses on the Sustainable Development Goals and focuses on matters of democracy, human rights, peace and security and governance.
UNA Tanzania is registered under the non-Governmental act of 2002, with Registration No. 00NGO/R2/000181. The Organization is also registered in the World Federation of the United Nations Associations (WFUNA) as a national civil society organization associated with the UN, and a link between the citizen and the UN, making sure that the UN is meaningful to the lives of the people.
UNA Tanzania works with the United Republic of Tanzania Government, Local and International partners through different programs and projects to advocate on the Sustainable Development Goals to be achieved by 2030, African Union (AU) agenda 2063 to make better lives of people in Tanzania without leaving no one behind.
The overall aim of UNA Tanzania is “To bring people closer to the UN’’ creating an enabling environment for youth and the society in inclusive decision-making processes, protection of human rights and implementation of Agenda2030.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will provide M&E technical expertise in the design, development, and implementation of programme activities.
- Developing project indicators, M&E frameworks, logical framework analysis, and evaluation designs and data analysis.
- Coordinate programme surveys, reviews/evaluations and maintain M&E databases
- Ensure data quality standards and adherence to M&E operations procedures
- Liaise with policy makers from national and local to promote, review/ develop track and use project indicators in planning and identify best practices that can be translated into scale-up activities.
Tracking of project progress
- Regular update of the project and compliance reporting
- Design and review of programme dashboards
- Prepare regular M&E progress reports and review the reporting tools
- Work with the project team to establish and implement impact evaluation frameworks to support the measurement of the impact of project deliverables.
- Initiate and Support development of project models
- Coordinate programme/project documentation and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt
- Coordinate the documentation of programme briefs and fact sheets
Operational planning and execution
- Organize and facilitate quarterly, semi-annual, and annual program review meetings with programme staff and partners and give feedback on M & E.
Education and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience acceptable.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Financial management and analytical skills including experience in managing budgets.
- Excellent writing skills with ability to write reports, articles, and manuscripts.
- Excellent verbal communications skills with the ability to present data to lay audiences.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office.
- experience in a diverse range of technical areas and knowledgeable in SGDs, youth, and climate change.
- Ability to use data to inform decisions and an ability to synthesize and analyse data using a range of tools e.g., SPSS and Nvivo.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Relationship building and networking skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Creative and lateral thinking.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Analytical, strategic orientation and thinking.
- Integrity, commitment, and respect for diversity.
- Teamwork, leadership, and collaboration.
- Innovative approach to challenges.
- Commitment to UNA Tanzania’s mission, vision, and values.
How to apply
If interested, submit your application through email@example.com. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. The cover letter and CV should be in a single file saved under your name and not longer than a total of five (5) pages. Deadline for submission: 06.07.2023 at 23:59 EAT. Please note that any submission done after the indicated time will not be accepted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview procedures. For more details, please visit our website www.una.or.tz.
*Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Duly note that the United Nations Association of Tanzania does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment.